Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
The industry's relevance in Guatemala:
from 2015 to 2020
The Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector accounted for US$693 million in exports, with the largest buyers being the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America.
Infrastructure for operation:
Main operating costs
• Initial set-up costs for a company – US$655
• Average industry salary – US$650
• Connectivity – Symmetrical fiber optic Internet link (100Mbps). Prices and contracts vary according to the private entity providing the service. There are more than 300 active commercial network operators.
• Guatemala has the most competitive electricity cost for business in the region.
• The cost per kWh is US$0.08 for industrial users.
Users with power demand above 100kW can register as Large Users and negotiate their electricity contracts
Strategic geographic location with standard time zone for support and services to North America, Latin America and Europe.
Cultural affinity with the United States
Guatemala has the largest demographic bonus in the region
Young population with productive skills for industry
Robust and stable telecommunications infrastructure
Home office, more than 84% of workers in the sector are working from home.