Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO)
Importance of the industry in Guatemala:
in salaries paid.
that make up the industry.
of Guatemala’s Gross Domestic Product.
In 2021, the Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) sector accounted for US$338.37 million in total exports, with the United States, Panama, El Salvador, and Ireland being the top buyers.
Infrastructure to operate
Main operating costs
• Initial start-up costs – US$655
• Average industry salary – US$1,032.45
• Connectivity – Symmetrical (dedicated) fiber optic Internet link (100Mbps). Prices and contracts vary according to the private entity providing the service. There are more than 300 active commercial network operators.
• Guatemala has the most competitive cost of electricity for business in the region.
• The cost per kWh is US$0.08 for industrial users.
• Users with power demand above 100kW can register as Large Users and negotiate their electricity contracts.
Strategic geographic location with standard time zone for support and services to North America, Latin America and Europe
Human talent certified in PMI, PHP, SAP and Microsoft and Google tools, among others.
Increased supply of skilled labor in the Central American region and specific programs to train young people in technical careers. There are more than 18,000 people currently training in careers related to the sector and more than 3,800 professionals in engineering and bachelor’s degrees related to the industry